Kids' Art Adventures Creative Workshops: Sundays fortnightly, 10:30 - 12:00 noon
Launched in September 2006, Kids’ Art Adventures is an ever changing program of artistic workshops for children aged 5-10. These workshops give children the opportunity to have fun as they learn about art through hands-on classes in the environment of the Manly Art Gallery & Museum.
- Cost: $22 (per child)
- Location: Manly Art Gallery & Museum, West Esplanade (next to Manly Sea Life Sanctuary)
- Bookings: Contact the Gallery on 9976 1421 or email email@example.com
Kids’ Art Adventures are a great way for children to:
- See and engage with a range of exciting artists and artworks
- Learn about different art forms and mediums
- Create a unique artwork to take home
Workshop Dates for June - November 2014
- Sculpture: Sept 7, Sept 21
- Collage: Oct 5, Oct 19
- Sculpture: Nov 2, Nov 16, Nov 30
Life Drawing Studio: Tuesdays fortnightly, 7:15 - 9:15pm
The Manly Art Gallery & Museum Society runs regular life drawing studios in the delightful and inspiring surrounds of the Gallery. The studio is open to all - at any level of drawing skill. Refreshments are served during the half time break which is an ideal time to socialise and mingle in a relaxed atmosphere. Please note a fee applies, contact the Gallery for details.
- Time: 7.15pm - 9.15pm (doors open at 6.45pm for start at 7.15pm sharp)
- Location: Manly Art Gallery & Museum, West Esplanade (next to Oceanworld)
- Equipment: Materials available from MAG&M Design Shop or you may bring your own. Tables are provided but bring an easel if desired.
- Queries: Contact the Gallery on 9976 1421 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Studio Dates for June - December 2014
- Tuesday 10 June, 24 June
- Tuesday 8 July, 22 July
- Tuesday 5 August, 19 August
- Tuesday 2 Sept, 16 Sept, 30 Sept
- Tuesday 14 Oct, 28 Oct
- Tuesday 11 Nov, 25 Nov
- Tuesday 9 Dec
The 20:20 Project: Monday 22 September, 9.30am – 4.30pm
Selected senior students from high schools around Sydney will work with Joshua Yeldham to discuss the essence of creativity, create a floor tapestry of their own work, then make live art together as part of the ‘Great Wall of Manly’ in the Gallery’s forecourt. Supported by VADEA (Visual Art & Design Educators Association).
Kids’ Art Adventures School Holiday Creative Workshops: Tues 23 & Wed 24 Sept, 10:00 – 12:00 noon
Led by Joshua Yeldham, children will have the opportunity to create a unique owl sculpture using found materials, paint and collage. A special visitor from Feature Creatures will be part of the morning. Suitable for ages 5 to 12 years. Parents are encouraged to be part of the session. 20 max each session.
- Cost: $30, materials and refreshments included. Bring a small tray, box or lid to carry home your owl.
- Booking essential: SOLD OUT