Late Night Transport in Manly
Manly has lots of late night transport options to see you and your friends get home safely.
With so many late night transport options, getting home from Manly has never been easier. People on the move have many options available to plan your safe journey home from Manly's CBD late at night. Late night transport hubs in Manly are located close to busses and taxi ranks to improve visibility, with greater security presence to ensure patron and driver safety. We're currently conducting a survey on late night transport in Manly.
Plan Your Journey to and from Manly
Bus Stand D - (Heading North)
Gilbert Park, Belgrave Street
State Transit buses travelling northbound up to Mona Vale will depart on the weekends after midnight from the Gilbert Park Stand D on Belgrave Street.
Bus Stand G – (Heading to City)
Cnr Sydney Road/ Belgrave Street
Citybound State Transit buses depart from Stand G on the corner of Sydney Road and Belgrave Street, with the last service departing at 4.09am on weekends via Sydney Road to the city.
Stands A & B – Manly Wharf
Last bus departs northbound at 12.27am on weekends
Taxi ranks are located at both late night transport hubs in the Manly CBD:
- Belgrave Street and
- North Steyne/ Raglan Street (along the Ocean beach front)
Both these ranks operate on the weekend with security personnel provided by Transport NSW between the hours of 10.30pm and 5.00am. They play a crucial role in ensuring patron safety and also help to direct taxis to the rank to clear queues efficiently.
Late night State Transit buses depart from the following points:
- Bus Stand D - Heading North (Belgrave Street & Gilbert Park)
- Bus Stand G - Heading to the City (Belgrave St Junction with Sydney Road)
- Stands A & B – Manly Wharf (Last bus departs northbound at 12.27am on weekends)
For more detailed information on State Transit bus timetables please visit the Transport Infoline service online or call 131500.
On the weekends, the last ferry departs Manly for the city at 12.55am.
For more detailed information on ferry departures, please visit the Transport Infoline service online or call 131 500.
Late Night Transport Poster
To raise awareness of the late night transport providers and the locations of the transport hubs. Manly Council has provided a late night transport poster to all licensed premises in the Manly CBD. The poster promotes the location of the transport hubs and allows patrons to easily see where to go in order to get home quickly.
Please feel free to download the poster for use in your business or service.
If you wish the hard copy poster to be sent by post to you, please contact Council’s Community Safety Coordinator on (02) 9976 1567.
Get Home Safe Tips
- Plan your trip home before you go out
- Keep enough money aside for your fares
- Use the designated secure taxi ranks and late night bus stops
- Drink responsibly, know your limits!
- Buy your own drinks and never leave them unattended
- Stick with your friends and look after each other
- Use the public toilets. They are open 24 hours
- CCTV is in operation in Manly CBD
- If you need Police or an Ambulance urgently call triple zero (000)
Useful Phone Numbers
- Police, Ambulance, Fire: 000
- Manly Police Station: 9976 8099
- Manly Hospital: 9976 9611
- Alcohol & Drug Information Service: 9361 8000
- NSW Rape Crisis: 1800 424 017
- Youth Sexual Health Service: 9462 9500