Aged & Disability
Manly Council is responsive to the needs of seniors and people with a disability.
That extends to their families and carers as well as the professionals working with them. Council's Community Development staff make sure this responsibility is carried out in order to improve the lives of seniors and people with a disability in the Manly area.
The role of Council's Community Development team is to:
- Provide information on services and programs for seniors, frail aged, people with a disability, and their families and carers, and information on Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) services and programs.
- Plan for and facilitate the development of services for these groups.
- Coordinate a Seniors Festival program each year.
- Update information guides for seniors on services, leisure and learning activities, and retirement housing.
- Supports local seniors groups.
- Facilitate the Manly Meals on Wheels Service.
- Represent Council on appropriate committees, networks and forums in relation to seniors, people with a disability, and people from CALD backgrounds.
For more information about services and activities for seniors and people with a disability, contact Council's Community Development staff on (02) 9976 1562/ 9976 1566 or via email
Street address: Level 2, Manly Library, Market Place, Manly NSW 2095