Aged & Disability
Manly Council is responsive to the needs of seniors and people with a disability.
That extends to their families and carers as well as the professionals working with them. It's the role of the Council's Community Development Coordinator to make sure this responsibility is carried out in order to improve the lives of seniors and people with a disability in the Manly area.
The role of council is to:
- Provide information on services and programs for seniors, frail aged, people with a disability, and their families and carers, and information on CALD services and programs.
- Plan for and facilitate the development of services through the Home and Community Care (HACC) Program.
- Coordinate a Seniors Week program each year.
- Update information guides for seniors on Services, Leisure and Retirement Housing
- Coordinate the Club Friday recreational program for people with an intellectual disability.
- Facilitate the Manly Access and Mobility Committee, Human Services and Social Planning Committee and the Manly Meals on Wheels Committee
- Represent Council on appropriate committees, networks and forums such as the HACC Sub-Regional Forum, Northern Beaches Community Builders Network and Northern Beaches Multicultural Network
- Supports local seniors groups
- Coordinate Council's Community Grants program and convene the local NSW ClubGrants Committee.
For more information about services for seniors and people with a disability, contact the Council's Community Development staff by phone on (02) 9976 1562/ 9976 1566 or via email
Community Development Coordinator
Manly Library Building
Manly NSW 2095
Seniors Week Program 2013
Key Council events and activities during Seniors Week include:
- Courage to Care exhibition and morning tea at Manly Art Gallery & Museum
- Free entry for Seniors card holders to the Manly Andrew “Boy” Charlton Swim Centre
- Genealogy Workshop at Manly Library, and
- A special Seniors Lunch at St Matthew’s Church Hall including entertainment.
You can view the Seniors Week program here:
Read more information about Seniors Week at nswseniorsweek.com.au