Famous in Manly, famous around the world.
As one of the most instantly recognised images in the world. Manly is one of the most scenic beachside and harbour locations in the world. Little wonder filmmakers want to use Manly locations as backdrops for a wide variety of productions, in a host of different scenes.
Manly has a diverse area with urban character and natural landscapes. The area is well known for its natural environment, with areas such as Sydney Harbour, North Head, harbour foreshores and the magnificent Manly Beach on the Pacific Ocean.
Manly offers filmmakers, production companies and photographers:-
- Spectacular Manly Beach & East Esplanade
- Picturesque Shelly Beach/ Cabbage Tree Bay (aquatic reserve)
- Little Manly Point & Little Manly Beach
- Harbour side Manly Cove & West Esplanade
- Clontarf Beach & Reserve
- Castle Rock
- Forty Baskets Beach
- Surrounding harbour beaches
- Manly Lagoon Reserve
- Ovals, parks and reserves
A short list of productions include:-
- Out of the Blue
- The Great Outdoors
- The Block
- My Restaurant Rules
- The Biggest Loser
- Totally Wild & The Today Show
For more information about filming in Manly, including clearances and fee schedules make contact by phoning (02) 9976 1540 or via email