Manly Council has a community and cultural grants program administered annually.
2015-2016 Community & Cultural Grants Program is now CLOSED.
Categories of financial assistance are:
- Operational Assistance – contribution to the general operation of a service or program up to $1,500.
- Capital Grants – funds to purchase equipment or upgrade facilities up to $1,500.
- Seeding/Establishment Grants – A one-off grant to enable a group to meet establishment costs/incorporation costs. Groups will be eligible for this grant on one occasion for up to $1,000.
- A New Initiatives one-off Cultural Grant for up to $1,000 to enable a group to achieve a new cultural program.
Note: It is mandatory to report back to Council on the expenditure of Council grants received.
- Community Grants, contact Community Development on 9976 1562 / 9976 1566 or via email.
- Cultural Grants, contact the Director, Art Gallery & Museum on 9976 1416, or via email.
- To view the Community Strategic Plan Beyond 2025 pdf go to Publications.
Another source of funding for community organisations located in and/or delivering programs in the Manly LGA is ClubGrants: http://www.clubsnsw.com.au/clubgrants
Stronger Communities Fun
The Stronger Communities Fund has been established by the NSW Government as part of the NSW Government's Fit for the Future reform program.
The Fund includes a Community Grants Program allocation of $1 million with individual project funding up to $50,000 to incorporated not for profit community groups, for projects that will develop more vibrant, sustainable and inclusive local communities.
The other component of the Stronger Communities Fund has $14 million allocated by the NSW State Government for major projects which are yet to be determined by the Council. These projects will be subject to community consultation.
For more details, see this link!