Manly Council has a community and cultural grants program administered annually.
Applications are invited from community groups, registered charities, non-profit organisations and incorporated bodies.
The program is typically announced in July each year with the closure date for applications in August. During this period all relevant information including application forms, is posted on Council’s website, and the grants are announced in the Manly Council News in the Manly Daily.
Categories of financial assistance are:
- Operational Assistance – contribution to the general operation of a service or program up to $1,500.
- Capital Grants – funds to purchase equipment or upgrade facilities up to $1,500.
- Seeding/Establishment Grants (Community Grants) – A one-off grant to enable a Community group to meet establishment costs/incorporation costs. Groups will be eligible for this grant on one occasion for up to $1,000.
- A New Initiatives one-off Cultural Grant for up to $1,000 to enable a group to achieve a new cultural program.
2012-2013 Community & Cultural Grants
Applications for 2012-13 Community & Cultural Grants are now closed. Twenty four organisations in total received grant funding.
2012-13 Community Grant recepients are:
- Active Opportunities Inc - $1,500
- Constant Companion - $500
- Cubby House Toy Library Inc - $500
- Fighting Chance Australia - $1,500
- Learning Links - $1,000
- LifeLine Northern Beaches - $1,500
- LINC Church Services Network Inc - $1,000
- Manly Yacht Club - $500
- Northern Beaches Interchange Inc - $1,000
- Northern Beaches Multiple Birth Club - $1,000
- Peer Support Foundation - $800
- Peninsula Senior Citizen Toy Repair Group Inc - $500
- Sailability Manly - $1,000
- St Vincent de Paul Society, Balgowlah & Manly Vale Conferences - $700
- St Vincent de Paul Society, Manly Conference - $1,000
2012-13 Cultural Grant recepients are:
- Art & Soul Collective - $1,000
- Manly Community Centre - $1,000
- Manly District Band - $2,000
- Manly Music Club aka Music at Manly - $1,000
- Manly OOSH Incorporated - $1,000
- Manly Warringah Choir Inc - $1,250
- Manly Warringah Pipe Band - $1,000
- Northern Beaches Eisteddfod - $1,500
- Sydney Chamber Music Festival - $1,250
It is mandatory for Council grant recepients to report back to Council on the expenditure of Council grants received. Please download the form below:
2012-13 Financial Report & Evaluation Form (14.58 KB)
- Community Grants, contact Community Development staff on 9976 1562 / 9976 1566 or via email.
- Cultural Grants, contact the Director, Art Gallery & Museum on 9976 1416, or via email.
In addition to its own grants program, Council is active in seeking grants from funding bodies and philanthropic organisations to support its work within the community. To date Council has been successful in attracting cultural, recreational, heritage, environmental and community safety funding from a range of sources.
As well, Council administers recurrent grants to run various community services such as children's services and aged and disability services.
Council is keen to work strategically with community groups and organisations to support them in their efforts to attract funding and assist in the implementation of community development programs.