Meet Your Street
Many people would like to connect with their neighbours but don’t know how to go about it.
Even if you have a lot of friends or networks at work, the connections with people in your street are an important influence on your well-being.
Meet Your Street is an initiative of Manly Council's Neighbourhood Renewal Program Committee launched in April 2005.
This program aims to improve the quality of life of people living in Manly through developing closer relationships amongst neighbours. Benefits of participating in a Meet Your Street event:
- Opportunity to get to know your neighbours
- Creates a sense of community - 'Neighbourliness'
- Meet others with similar interests
- Children can play safely in the street
- Explore common issues eg. babysitting
- Exposure to and awareness of local Precinct issues
- Opportunity to promote local environmental activities.
Any individual or group of neighbours can initiate the process by submitting an application form to Manly Council's 'Meet Your Street' Events Coordinator. Manly Council will provide advice on safe road closures, infrastructure; such as amenities and barricades and general advice on planning of an event.
The best part of holding an event under Manly Council's auspice is that you as the organiser of the event will be covered by Council's Public Liability Insurance.
Please complete the application form below with at least six weeks notice, you will be required to attend an informal Meet Your Street Induction Workshop following your application.