Council’s Shared Vision Statement has been developed by Councillors, Community Representatives and members of Council staff.
“Manly – where natural environment and heritage sustain and complement a vibrant cosmopolitan and community lifestyle.”
This vision arose as a result of a workshop with the Council and senior management held in February 2009 and updates the previous community vision. A vision is important as it ensures decisions are made with a long-term, strategic focus. Without a clear vision it is more likely that decisions are made without a clear sense of purpose.
Manly Council Mission
The Organisation’s Mission is to ensure:
- Good governance with an emphasis on transparent decision making and fiscal prudence
- A responsive range of programs, services and facilities meeting community needs
- A service delivery model that is sustainable, equitable and accessible
- Clear and specific future works and services programs and planning which deliver on intergenerational equity principles
- Community engagement to ascertain views and aspirations of the local area through innovative feedback strategies, partnerships and precincts
- A skilled, motivated and accountable workforce empowered to make decisions
- Custodianship of the indigenous, cultural, natural and built environment on behalf of Manly’s future generations
- A commitment to quality management and business excellence principles with a focus on best value outcomes for the community, visitors and local economy.
Manly Council Values
Our values at Manly Council are:
- Honesty in providing correct information on any issue we are dealing with.
- Integrity to deal with others fairly and consistently and within Council’s policies, procedures and code of conduct in delivering services to others.
- Accountability to ensure best use of resources, act and work in an in open and transparent manner and report results, recognise the achievements of others within the work area, respond to phone calls, emails and correspondence in a timely manner.
- Respect in all our dealing with each other and our customers.
- Community Building through the provision of value for money, best value services that positively impact on the livability of Manly as a place to reside, do business in and visit.