Access Manly Council Information (GIPA)
This page shows you how to access information from Manly Council under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act).
How to access information from Manly Council
Manly Council is committed to providing access to information in accordance with the GIPA Act.
The GIPA Act:
- Provides you with rights to access information;
- Encourages Manly Council to make more information available to you on our website on a proactive and mandatory basis; and
- Allows you to access other information from Council on an informal or formal basis.
- Processing fee is payable with application and further processing fee per hour is payable after the first hour of processing;
- The decision may take longer due to formal requirements and the possible need to consult with third parties;
- No conditions can be imposed on the release of information (except Copyright information which is view only);
- Council's decision as to what information will be provided is reviewable. It can be reviewed internally at Council, or externally by the the Information Comissioner or by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.
Manly Council's Open Access Information Page provides access to a wide variety of Council information online without the need to make a request.
Access development application information
Use this form to access development application and property information such as plans, construction certificates and final occupation certificates.
Access general information about Manly Council
Use this form to request access to information that is not related to development applications or property.
Access Manly Council information formally
Use this form if you wish to access information 'formally' under the GIPA Act.
Council may require you to use this form if you wish to access a third party's personal information or other confidential or commercially sensitive information.
If you need help in filling out this form, please contact Manly Council on 9976 1500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CS-3 Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (50.29 KB)
Request an internal review of Manly Council's decision to provide you with access to information
If your access to information is refused, use this form to request an internal review of a decison to provide you with information. This can only be done in relation to a formal application to access information.
You must lodge this form with Council within 20 working days after notice of the decision was given to you.
GIPA Internal Review (36.69 KB)
Manly Council's access to information guidelines
Provides you with guidance on the documents and types of information available to you and on how you can access this information.
GIPA Access to Information Guidelines (155.24 KB)
Manly Council's disclosure log
Manly Council's Disclosure Log lists information previously provided in relation to a 'formal' application that Council thinks is of interest to you.
NEED HELP WITH FILES?
Certain files on this pages are available to download in pdf format. If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them, go to the Adobe website to download and install the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. To convert PDF files for screen readers, for sight-impaired users, go to the Adobe website Adobe Access.