Customer Service

Manly Council invites you to contact us with your questions, requests or comments. We aim to make doing business with Manly Council a productive and effortless experience.

For a wide range of services, doing business with Council is as easy as going to the Manly Town Hall and meeting with the Customer Service team. They are available to help you with your business transactions and help you to access a wide range of information.

  • Council services
  • Events and What's On
  • Information about the local area
  • Access to Manly Council information (GIPA)

Customer Service Centre

The foyer area in Town Hall provides a relaxed atmosphere for informal meetings. A computer with a printer is provided free of charge in the foyer for customers to access Council’s website and e-services for payments of rates and invoices. Our Customer Service staff are happy to offer advice to customers as to the choices available in the way they do their business with Council, including over the website or via email.

Development Application Enquiries

A Lodgment & Quality Assurance (LQA) Officer is available between 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday to answer basic planning enquiries or for a free 10 minute meeting.  

Duty Planners are also available for 10 minute meetings regarding specific development applications and advice regarding the application of local planning controls, these are also free of charge and are held between 9am – 12pm, Monday to Friday.  Duty Planners are available to answer more detailed planning enquiries between the hours of 9am and 12pm where the LQA Officers are not able to respond to the enquiry. Both services do not require an appointment.


The NRS is an Australia-wide phone service for people who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment. TTY/voice calls phone 133 677. Speak and Listen call 1300 555 727. TIS National is an interpreting service, provided by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, for people who do not speak English and for the English speakers who need to communicate with them. To use an interpreter over the telephone call 131 450.

Available at the Customer Service Counter

  • Registration of customer requests, comments, complaints and compliments onto Council’s Customer Request Management System for action by the appropriate Council officer
  • Change of Address
  • Justice of the Peace duties
  • Citizenship
  • Council Agendas and Minutes
  • Development Applications currently on notification
  • Heritage items and walks
  • Information and directions
  • Precinct Community Forum Meetings and Guidelines
  • Property Enquiries
  • Photocopying of documents and plans
  • Rates enquiries
  • Retrieval of files from archives for viewing under the Open File policy
  • Sporting Facilities enquiries
  • Zoning enquiries