Parking in Manly
One Council – One Beach Parking System
Wondering where you can park on the Northern Beaches under the new universal one beach parking system?
Under the new Northern Beaches Council residents displaying a Northern Beaches Council parking permit sticker will have free parking at over 40 locations on the Northern Beaches.
Some restrictions apply to a few locations.
Northern Beaches Beach Parking Permit Policy
A new Northern Beaches Beach Parking Permit Policy (Draft) is being developed and will replace the three former council's beach parking permit policies, which will be rescinded once this policy is adopted.
Four Hour Parking ONLY
- Manly beachfront metered parking spaces along North and South Steyne
Northern Beaches Council Designated Parking Permit Areas – All Day Parking
- Avalon Beach
- Bayview Baths
- Bilarong Reserve
- Bilgola Beach
- Birdwood Park
- Clareville Beach
- Collaroy Beach North
- Collaroy Beach South
- Dee Why Beach
- Dee Why Headland
- Devitt St Beach Carpark
- Fisherman’s Beach
- Freshwater Beach
- Gore Street, Freshwater
- Governor Phillip Park, Palm Beach
- Jamieson Park
- Long Reef Beach
- Manly Dam
- McKillop Park Reserve
- Mid Curl Curl
- Mid Narrabeen
- Middle Creek Reserve
- Mona Vale Beach
- Moore Road, Freshwater (beach end)
- Narrabeen St Beach Carpark
- Newport Beach
- North Curl Curl
- North Narrabeen Beach
- North Narrabeen Rockpool
- Ocean Road, Palm Beach
- Pittwater Park, Palm Beach
- Robertson St Beach Carpark
- Sandy Bay
- Shelley Beach
- South Curl Curl
- Spit Bridge (Battle Boulevard Only)
- Warriewood Beach
- Whale Beach
- Winnererremy Bay Reserve
Note: There are areas where parking permits ARE NOT VALID, including:
- Rowland Reserve, Bayview
- Church Point Reserve, Church Point
- Woorak Reserve and Iluka Park, Palm Beach
How it works
- If you have a valid Northern Beaches Council parking sticker you can park for free at Northern Beaches Council beaches and reserves, including Manly Dam.
- All vehicles must display a valid parking sticker when they park at a Northern Beaches Council beach or reserve car parks.
- Parking is restricted to 4 hours at Manly beachfront.
- If you display a valid parking sticker, you no longer need to go to the meter and take a ticket OR enter your vehicle registration at Manly Beach or at any other beach or reserve on the Northern Beaches.
- Beach and reserve parking permits are NOT VALID at Rowland Reserve, Church Point Reserve, Woorak Reserve and Iluka Park, Palm Beach car park areas as they require a Special Permit.
- Beach and reserve parking permits are NOT VALID at existing Manly Residential Parking Permit Scheme Areas as they require a Special Residential Permit.